1. Star Trek (out now)Pros: Director J.J. Abrams co-created my favorite television show (LOST) and produced one of my favorite movies of 2008 (Cloverfield); I also enjoyed Abrams' Mission: Impossible III.
Cons: The only thing I know about Star Trek is that I've never been able to do that Live Long and Prosper thing with my hands.
2. The Hangover (June 5)
2. The Hangover (June 5)Pros: Road Trip remains high on my list of favorite movie comedies; Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis never fail to make me laugh, often until it hurts.
Cons: Phillips' last film, School For Scoundrels, appeared to be the very antithesis of funny; the first trailer for The Hangover was not funny enough (I've since seen a second trailer and found it highly entertaining).
3. Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (June 24)
3. Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (June 24)Pros: Falling victim to the massive hype, I attended a screening of the first Transformers movie by myself one Sunday afternoon and, surprisingly, didn't completely hate it--so, maybe the same thing could happen with this one? Maybe?
Cons: I was never really into the Transformers as a kid; the trailer is awful; I don't think I actually care at all about this movie, but the sequel-hype is already weakening my reserve--somebody help me, please, before I hurt myself.
4. Terminator Salvation (May 21)
4. Terminator Salvation (May 21)Pros: Christian Bale (along with the brilliant vision of filmmaker Christopher Nolan) has rescued the Batman franchise from the pits of mediocrity; the trailer is not awful in the slightest.
Cons: I'm not really a "Terminator guy"; McG is kind of a douche, isn't he?
Pros: Jack Black, Michael Cera, and Harold Ramis; I tend to enjoy comedies that poke fun at Old Testament times.
Cons: Trailer didn't really make me laugh very much; by June 19th, there will probably be a bunch of other films out that I want to see a lot more.
