Friday, March 4, 2011

Food Porn Friday: McWhat-the-Eff?!?

I was made aware of the vastly different menu choices at McDonald's restaurants all around the world this week and I thought it my duty to showcase a few of the more appealing items in our weekly Food Porn Friday feature. So, here now, are the Top 8 International McDonald's Items That I Totally Want to Eat*.


8. The Kiwiburger
Photobucket

I've only got one problem with this hamburger sandwich: it's got beets! I've made no secret of my contempt for beets on this blog, but I'm willing to try a "fast food" beet for some reason. Maybe they aren't so bad on top of a mass produced hamburger patty. The Kiwiburger was so popular in New Zealand, that when it was removed from the menu--as popular items often are-- the citizenry complained so loudly, the McDonald's Corporation had no other choice but to bring it back for good. Good on ya, New Zealand.

7. McKroket
Photobucket

What's a kroket? Well, in The Netherlands a kroket is basically stewed meat wrapped up in a crispy fried shell. The crew at your local The Netherlands' Mickey D's then tops it with a mustard/mayonnaise sauce and slaps it between two pieces of bread. I love me some fried meat pouches. Mmmmmm!

6. McLobster
Photobucket

This one's got a high fail potential, but how cool would it be to saunter into your local McDonald's and order a lobster roll? It'd be super cool, right? Right?!

5. McPoutine
Photobucket

I've never had the pleasure of enjoying the Canadian delicacy known as poutine, but what's not to love about French fries topped with cheese curd and smothered in brown gravy? That's right: there isn't one thing not to love.

4. Double Prosperity Burger
Photobucket

Sure, you could go for the single, but who doesn't want twice the prosperity? Get your priorities in order, bub.

3. McBulgogi
Photobucket

I know what you're saying: "That's just a Big Mac. I've had a stupid Big Mac." That might look like your standard issue Big Mac, but that burger is made out of bulgogi, son!

2. Shogun Burger
Photobucket

Teriyaki pork patty, egg, lettuce, bun. Simple.

1. CBO (Chicken Bacon & Onion)
Photobucket

Like a BLT only better because it's got chicken and onions.


*And would if a) I found myself vacationing in the country in which the item exists and every other restaurant was closed and b) if I hadn't recently banned fast food from my diet.