This is Lisa Connell. She is British, 29 years old, and dying of brain cancer. She is founder of the Web site Rent A Date for Charity which raises money for various brain tumor charities. Lisa may have terminal cancer, but she is not letting it stop her from doing some good on this planet before she leaves. For this she should be celebrated.Lisa also wants to undergo extensive plastic surgery to look like American actress/champion Cougar, Demi Moore. Yes, Connell is willing to shell out almost $60,000 to look like Demi Moore on her death bed. What the WTF?!
Naturally, Demi is speaking out via Twitter. "Wish I could contact this woman Lisa Connell who wants to have surgery to look like me and encourage her to not to! She is a beautiful girl," Moore tweets. You're right, G.I. Jane, Connell is a beautiful girl. She's also clearly insane. I mean, Demi Moore is a beautiful woman and I'm sure hideous people the world over would love to experience the benefits of that kind of beauty for even a second, but what kind of world do we live in when perfectly attractive people decide they want to be sliced and stitched to look like a carbon copy of somebody else? What kind of sociopath would even perform this surgery on someone?
You could argue that Connell is dying and that if spending the last few weeks of her life looking like Ashton Kutcher's missus makes her happy, well, good sense be damned! And she'd be using her own money, so who cares. But think about the people you are leaving behind, Lisa. They don't want to attend your funeral and see the star of Striptease in your coffin. They want to see you! They want to pay their last respects to Lisa Connell, not Hester Prynne.
I've got to side with Demi Moore on this one. I'm still not convinced she married the right star of That 70's Show, but she's definitely correct this time.